Media Training & Research Centre (MTRC), formerly known as Media House, was established in Pakistan to build the capacity of the working journalists, teachers, and students of mass communication in underdeveloped areas of Pakistan, especially in conflict zones. We registered as a Non-governmental Organization with Security and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) under section 42 of the Companies Act 2017 for its efficient and effective outreach.
To promote and develop a center for quality journalism in Pakistan through research on journalism and identifying the gaps in mass communication education relating to code of conduct, code of ethics and standard safety rules, undertake research on mass communication’s education curriculum, journalism and journalistic ethics , subject to approval from the concerned authority.
We envision a world where everyone can communicate freely with anyone, anywhere, and exchange the news and information they need to shape the future of their communities and the world.
MTRC is cognizant of the rapidly changing technology in the fields of media and journalism. In collaboration with the partner universities we reach out to the media students and train and sensitize them about the challenges and opportunities in the professional field. Our training for the fresh graduates in Mobile Journalism (MoJo) and Citizen Journalism with the support of the DW Akademie was one such activity.Gender disparity in Pakistan, especially in the field of media and journalism is a burning issue. To address this problem and to build the capacity of working female journalists, we hold workshops and trainings for them. One of our last activity, Multimedia Storytelling, was for the female journalists from the peripheral regions of Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Balochistan.
Dr. Bakht SarwarMember BOD
Mr. Abdul Haq (MBE)Member BOD
Mr. Liaqat Ali KhanMember BOD
Prof. Dr. Shahjahan SayedChief Executive Officer
Maiwand ShahPROGRAM MANAGER
Abdul Basit KhatttakMANAGER ADMIN ANDFINANCE
Sami Ullah BaigCOMMUNICATION OFFICER
Rozeena ShaheenProgramme Trainee
Rahat Ibrahim BaigAdmin and Finance Trainee
Sabir AliMulti-Purpose Worker
- Capacity building workshops for journalists
- Round table discussions and lectures on critical and controversial issues pertaining to media working journalists
- Online discussions on different media topics
- Exchange programs with Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Interaction with established national and international journalists
Our main target group is the journalists working in the Tribal areas and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.We work with the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Peshawar; Tribal Union of Journalists( TUJ); Press Clubs in the Tribal areas and in the districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Enhanced skill and well trained professionals
- Improved relations and efficient networking among Intra and international media practitioners, civil society, and academia
- Organized cooperation for peace building and strengthening democratic institutions
- Collaboration among journalists working in and on conflict zones especially in the Tribal areas and the rest of Pakistan
- Launch an online Magazine for Pak-Afghan journalists
- Strengthened facilities and training material for media practitioners and working journalists
- A reputable and credible news agency Activities.
- Mediothek Afghanistan, Kabul
- Departments of Journalism and Mass Communication in University of Peshawar and other universities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Higher Education Commission (HEC)
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES), Islamabad
- Heinrich Boell Stiftung (HBS), Islamabad
- Deutsche Welle Academy, Bonn, Germany
- Chal Foundation, Islamabad
- Press Council of Pakistan (PCP)
- Peshawar Press Club and Press Clubs in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Khyber Union of Journalists, Peshawar
- Tribal Union of Journalists
- Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation (PBC)
- Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV)
- Bacha Khan Education Trust, Peshawar
- Radio and TV studios
- Audio/Video editing Lab
- Resource center and Archive
- Internet and computer lab facilities
- Seminar rooms for discussions and dialogue